Chennai beach to be made accessible for people with disabilities
December 1, 2016
Disability rights activists and Chennai civic officials carried out an accessibility audit of the city's famous Marina beach recently.
The aim is to make the beach accessible to people with disabilities.
Temporary wooden pathways on coir mats from road, tactile pathways and signage are the ideas that are being looked at by officials.
Parking spaces, ramps leading to toilets and separate toilets for wheelchair users will be worked out before World Disability Day that is celebrated on 3 December.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News