Chennai beach to be made accessible for people with disabilities
Disability rights activists and Chennai civic officials carried out an accessibility audit of the city's famous Marina beach recently.
The aim is to make the beach accessible to people with disabilities.
Temporary wooden pathways on coir mats from road, tactile pathways and signage are the ideas that are being looked at by officials.
Parking spaces, ramps leading to toilets and separate toilets for wheelchair users will be worked out before World Disability Day that is celebrated on 3 December.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News