New wearable to help the blind to see the world
December 8, 2016
Eyra, a technology startup from Italy has introduced a wearable called Horus to help the blind see.
Horus uses two HD cameras to capture the world and translate it into speech.
The wearable has a box with three menu buttons of different shapes to use it easily.
The menu buttons help a visually-impaired person to read parts of a book and get audio description to guide the person into the right place. It also helps find objects and faces of the person one is speaking to.
The wearable will be released soon with more features that offers users a much better ability to see.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
April 18, 2019
- Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
April 15, 2019
- Developmental disorders can now be diagnosed from home, thanks to this app developed by AIIMS
April 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Black Hole image creator is a media star
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Headlines April 13, 2019 SC to hear Modi biopic case on 15 April
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News