Braille calendar for 2017 released in Karnataka
Children with disabilities participated in a cultural show at an exhibition in Mysuru in Karnataka recently. The function was held to celebrate World Disability Day. It was attended by nearly 500 disabled children with their parents.
The parents of children with disabilities were motivated to be aware of the schemes and facilities given by the government for their children.
The event also appreciated the winners of many cultural and sporting events.
The organizers of the event released a Braille calendar for the year 2017. They plan to distribute the calendar across the state.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Education February 19, 2019 The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019