What to wear to a job interview
Here are some basic things that one should keep in mind when dressing up for job interviews:
- Clothes must always be clean and ironed.
- Shoes must be formal and polished. If you are wearing heels or sandals, make sure they are clean especially near the heels. Avoid shoes or shoes with heels that make a noise when you walk as that is distracting.
- Women can choose between trousers and blouse or traditional clothes like saris/salwar kameez.
- Men should wear formal trousers and a shirt. Avoid T-shirts as it looks too casual. Tie and jacket is usually not necessary. If you choose to wear a tie, wear one that is one single colour.
- Wear light colours and small prints. Men should avoid colours like bright yellow and bright green. Women should avoid shirts or kameezes with low necklines, as that looks casual.
- Makeup and jewelry should be simple. Don’t wear bangles that make a noise when you move your hands.
- Avoid perfumes that are very strong.
- Hair should be tied or kept away from the face. Men with beards should make sure they get it trimmed. Nails should be trimmed or neatly shaped.