Haryana government to start a college for the deaf
The Haryana government has announced that it will start a college for the hearing impaired at Karnal.
This will be the first deaf college to be set up in north India.
This will give relief to more than 3,000 hearing impaired students in the state.
The idea is to provide equal educational opportunity.
The government also plans to set up an institute of skill development to give job opportunities for people with disabilities.
Such students will be also given internship for upto three months and a monthly financial help of Rs 2,000.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Protestors block activist Trupti Desai who was headed to Sabarimala
- Events November 15, 2018 BGFI's Accessible Tour to Mumbai Dockyard
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prince Durairaj is on a mission to spread awareness on child sexual abuse
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Multiple Disabilities
- Get-hooked November 18, 2018 5 things you must know about wheelchair users
- Technology November 19, 2018 Artificial Intelligence makes a huge impact in lives of disabled people
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Inclusive ferry ride outing in Mumbai for visually impaired fun seekers
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018