Haryana government to start a college for the deaf
The Haryana government has announced that it will start a college for the hearing impaired at Karnal.
This will be the first deaf college to be set up in north India.
This will give relief to more than 3,000 hearing impaired students in the state.
The idea is to provide equal educational opportunity.
The government also plans to set up an institute of skill development to give job opportunities for people with disabilities.
Such students will be also given internship for upto three months and a monthly financial help of Rs 2,000.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News