Deaf movie review of Dangal
January 14, 2017
A hearing perspective:
Dangal is a Hindi biographical sports drama film. Dangal means Wrestling competition.
Dangal film stars Aamir Khan (as Mahavir Singh Phogat), Sakshi Tanwar (as Mahavir's wife Daya Shobha Kaur), Fatima Sana Shaikh (as Mahavir's daughter Geeta Phogat) and Sanya Malhotra (as Mahavir's daughter Babita Kumari).
The film is based on the true story of Indian wrestler and senior Olympics coach Mahavir Singh Phogat who taught wrestling to his daughters Geeta Phogat and Babita Kumari.
The film starts with Mahavir Singh Phogat's dream to win a gold medal for India in wrestling.
Phogat loves his daughters but he is disappointed that he doesn't have a son who can fulfil his dream.
When his two daughters, Geeta and Babita come home after beating up two boys, Phogat realises how wrong he was to think that only a male child can achieve his dream.
The film then shows how Phogat and his two daughters challenge the views of the society and prove that girls have the equal rights and abilities to become professional wrestlers.
Overall, loved everything about the film - superb acting, great direction and inspiring story. Must watch film for all age-groups.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Black Hole image creator is a media star
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News