Deaf movie review of Dangal
A hearing perspective:
Dangal is a Hindi biographical sports drama film. Dangal means Wrestling competition.
Dangal film stars Aamir Khan (as Mahavir Singh Phogat), Sakshi Tanwar (as Mahavir’s wife Daya Shobha Kaur), Fatima Sana Shaikh (as Mahavir’s daughter Geeta Phogat) and Sanya Malhotra (as Mahavir’s daughter Babita Kumari).
The film is based on the true story of Indian wrestler and senior Olympics coach Mahavir Singh Phogat who taught wrestling to his daughters Geeta Phogat and Babita Kumari.
The film starts with Mahavir Singh Phogat’s dream to win a gold medal for India in wrestling.
Phogat loves his daughters but he is disappointed that he doesn’t have a son who can fulfil his dream.
When his two daughters, Geeta and Babita come home after beating up two boys, Phogat realises how wrong he was to think that only a male child can achieve his dream.
The film then shows how Phogat and his two daughters challenge the views of the society and prove that girls have the equal rights and abilities to become professional wrestlers.
Overall, loved everything about the film – superb acting, great direction and inspiring story. Must watch film for all age-groups.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News