This deaf artist paints with coffee
October 9, 2017
Amita Dutta is an artist who makes paintings with coffee.
Her artwork was recently displayed in Bengaluru. Amita, who is hearing impaired, started painting with coffee in 2008 as a student.
She was given the National Award for Best Self-Employed with Disability in 2013 from President Pranab Mukherjee.
Her paintings are on various subjects and are made using instant coffee powder and water.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News