This deaf artist paints with coffee
Amita Dutta is an artist who makes paintings with coffee.
Her artwork was recently displayed in Bengaluru. Amita, who is hearing impaired, started painting with coffee in 2008 as a student.
She was given the National Award for Best Self-Employed with Disability in 2013 from President Pranab Mukherjee.
Her paintings are on various subjects and are made using instant coffee powder and water.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019