This deaf artist paints with coffee
Amita Dutta is an artist who makes paintings with coffee.
Her artwork was recently displayed in Bengaluru. Amita, who is hearing impaired, started painting with coffee in 2008 as a student.
She was given the National Award for Best Self-Employed with Disability in 2013 from President Pranab Mukherjee.
Her paintings are on various subjects and are made using instant coffee powder and water.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 22, 2018 Mandvi Garg battled depression, vision loss to come back as a champion trekker
- Parasports October 22, 2018 India take on Sri Lanka in 5th & final match of T20 blind cricket series today
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
- Education October 18, 2018 Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
- Technology October 20, 2018 Microsoft pledge to develop EdTech for dyslexic students has great potential for India
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Priyanka Chopra to marry later this year, most likely in Rajasthan
- Headlines October 22, 2018 Amritsar train tragedy - Organisers go missing, police yet to identify accused
- Headlines October 22, 2018 Three more women denied entry into Sabarimala
- Parasports October 16, 2018 Aiming for gold in 2020 Paralympics, Asian Para Games gold medalist Ekta Bhyan tells Newz Hook
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 21, 2018
Get-hooked October 19, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News