This deaf artist paints with coffee
Amita Dutta is an artist who makes paintings with coffee.
Her artwork was recently displayed in Bengaluru. Amita, who is hearing impaired, started painting with coffee in 2008 as a student.
She was given the National Award for Best Self-Employed with Disability in 2013 from President Pranab Mukherjee.
Her paintings are on various subjects and are made using instant coffee powder and water.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
December 18, 2018
- How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
December 18, 2018
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Disabled travellers raise concern over toilets being shut down in railway platforms
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Three terrorists & seven civilians killed at encounter in Jammu & Kashmir
- Headlines December 17, 2018 P V Sindhu makes history, becomes 1st Indian to win BWF World Tour title
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Events December 17, 2018 Dementia Caregivers' Support Group Meet
- Events December 17, 2018 All India Seventh Across Disability Matrimonial Get Together
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked December 18, 2018 This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
- Events December 17, 2018 Tycoons Rotary Marathon
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018