How to create an inclusive workplace
December 29, 2016
An inclusive workplace for people with disabilities is a workplace that accepts and celebrates differences as part of everyday life.
It makes employees with disabilities feel able to actively participate and feel safe for being different.
Encouraging people to talk about their disability can help to create an inclusive workplace.
Taking steps for disabled-accessible facilities like buildings, meeting rooms, toilets, among others promotes inclusion.
Communicating using the right language makes a difference. For example, using terms like person with a disability, instead of a disabled person.
Being kind and willing to understand also helps to break the barriers for working with employees with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Events June 11, 2019 Maximising Progress in Autism
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News