How to create an inclusive workplace
An inclusive workplace for people with disabilities is a workplace that accepts and celebrates differences as part of everyday life.
It makes employees with disabilities feel able to actively participate and feel safe for being different.
Encouraging people to talk about their disability can help to create an inclusive workplace.
Taking steps for disabled-accessible facilities like buildings, meeting rooms, toilets, among others promotes inclusion.
Communicating using the right language makes a difference. For example, using terms like person with a disability, instead of a disabled person.
Being kind and willing to understand also helps to break the barriers for working with employees with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
December 12, 2018
- Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
December 11, 2018
- Aarambh brings opportunities to disabled women, to train & to work
December 6, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Kedarnath movie banned in 7 Uttarakhand districts
- Accessibility December 7, 2018 Come June 2019, Kolkata's historic Victoria Memorial promises to re-open in an accessible avatar
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje accuses opposition leader of body-shaming
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Top world celebs at Isha Ambani’s pre-wedding festivities
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Headlines December 8, 2018 PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Intellectual Disability
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked December 8, 2018