How to create an inclusive workplace
December 29, 2016
An inclusive workplace for people with disabilities is a workplace that accepts and celebrates differences as part of everyday life.
It makes employees with disabilities feel able to actively participate and feel safe for being different.
Encouraging people to talk about their disability can help to create an inclusive workplace.
Taking steps for disabled-accessible facilities like buildings, meeting rooms, toilets, among others promotes inclusion.
Communicating using the right language makes a difference. For example, using terms like person with a disability, instead of a disabled person.
Being kind and willing to understand also helps to break the barriers for working with employees with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
August 16, 2019
- Kerala floods underline critical need to frame inclusive disaster risk management policies
August 14, 2019
- “People with disabilities working in health care inform better care & access” – Dr Lisa Meeks
August 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Kerala minister K K Shailaja steps in for deaf child affected in the floods
- Parasports August 16, 2019 Victorious India Divyang Cricket Team to land in Mumbai tomorrow
- Events August 14, 2019 Special Buddies Program
- Get-Hooked August 12, 2019 A personal struggle inspired this elderly couple to start Balajothi Centre to empower disabled children
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Indian wins Tri-Nation Under-19s Tournament title
- Employment August 11, 2019 These disabled women are making prosthetic aids that are enabling mobility for others
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Chandrayaan 2 heading towards the Moon
- Headlines August 12, 2019 68 lives lost in Kerala floods
- Employment August 13, 2019 Government move to roll back disability pension tax on retired soldiers welcomed
- Headlines August 18, 2019 ‘Mission Mangal’ gets grand opening at box office
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News