RPWD Act 2016 - Employment benefits
The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016 provides special employment benefits for people with benchmark disabilities. Benchmark disability means people with at least 40% disability.
The Bill says that 5% of jobs will be reserved for people with benchmark disabilities at government- owned or government-run organizations.
1% of jobs must be reserved for persons with blindness and low vision, hearing and speech impairment, locomotor disability, autism, intellectual disability and mental illness and multiple disabilities.
The government has the right to add more disabilities to this if needed.
Central, state and local governments will give benefits to the private sector to make sure that at least 5% of their employees have disabilities.
5% reservation includes providing agricultural land and housing in all important schemes and programmes, poverty reduction schemes with importance to women with disabilities and provision of land at lower rates for starting a business, a company, among others.
Watch in Sign Language
- Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
December 12, 2018
- Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
December 11, 2018
- Aarambh brings opportunities to disabled women, to train & to work
December 6, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
- Events December 11, 2018 Annual Party Forum For Autism
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
- Parasports December 13, 2018 Wheelchair kabaddi set to make its presence felt in India
- Events December 11, 2018 Forging the Assistive Technology value chain
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Deaf people are gathering at Delhi's Jantar Mantar for a common cause
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News