RPWD Act 2016 - Employment benefits
November 9, 2017
The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016 provides special employment benefits for people with benchmark disabilities. Benchmark disability means people with at least 40% disability.
The Bill says that 5% of jobs will be reserved for people with benchmark disabilities at government- owned or government-run organizations.
1% of jobs must be reserved for persons with blindness and low vision, hearing and speech impairment, locomotor disability, autism, intellectual disability and mental illness and multiple disabilities.
The government has the right to add more disabilities to this if needed.
Central, state and local governments will give benefits to the private sector to make sure that at least 5% of their employees have disabilities.
5% reservation includes providing agricultural land and housing in all important schemes and programmes, poverty reduction schemes with importance to women with disabilities and provision of land at lower rates for starting a business, a company, among others.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Salman Khan accused of assault, robbery
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Events June 26, 2019 Morning of Fun
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News