RPWD Act 2016 - Employment benefits
November 9, 2017
The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016 provides special employment benefits for people with benchmark disabilities. Benchmark disability means people with at least 40% disability.
The Bill says that 5% of jobs will be reserved for people with benchmark disabilities at government- owned or government-run organizations.
1% of jobs must be reserved for persons with blindness and low vision, hearing and speech impairment, locomotor disability, autism, intellectual disability and mental illness and multiple disabilities.
The government has the right to add more disabilities to this if needed.
Central, state and local governments will give benefits to the private sector to make sure that at least 5% of their employees have disabilities.
5% reservation includes providing agricultural land and housing in all important schemes and programmes, poverty reduction schemes with importance to women with disabilities and provision of land at lower rates for starting a business, a company, among others.
Watch in Sign Language
- #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
April 4, 2019
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Headlines April 13, 2019 SC to hear Modi biopic case on 15 April
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News