RPWD Act 2016 - Employment benefits
The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016 provides special employment benefits for people with benchmark disabilities. Benchmark disability means people with at least 40% disability.
The Bill says that 5% of jobs will be reserved for people with benchmark disabilities at government- owned or government-run organizations.
1% of jobs must be reserved for persons with blindness and low vision, hearing and speech impairment, locomotor disability, autism, intellectual disability and mental illness and multiple disabilities.
The government has the right to add more disabilities to this if needed.
Central, state and local governments will give benefits to the private sector to make sure that at least 5% of their employees have disabilities.
5% reservation includes providing agricultural land and housing in all important schemes and programmes, poverty reduction schemes with importance to women with disabilities and provision of land at lower rates for starting a business, a company, among others.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology February 21, 2019 Updated version of Avaz app has plenty to offer, enables access to wider audience
- Events February 20, 2019 Paintability!
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 #LovePossible - Newlyweds Shilpa & Danish Mahajan are setting serious couple goals
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News