Trust conducts marriages for deaf couples
66-year-old CN Vijayaraj is the owner of Swayamwaraa Trust that has successfully conducted marriages for 4,350 couples with hearing impairment in the past six years.
Vijayaraj was a rich businessman with a huge bungalow but he now lives in a rented apartment with his wife and son.
He has used all his life’s savings to start the trust which organizes a three-day annual event for the hearing-impaired to come together with their families.
The trust helps couples get married by providing them free food, clothes and jewellery.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019