Trust conducts marriages for deaf couples
October 18, 2017
66-year-old CN Vijayaraj is the owner of Swayamwaraa Trust that has successfully conducted marriages for 4,350 couples with hearing impairment in the past six years.
Vijayaraj was a rich businessman with a huge bungalow but he now lives in a rented apartment with his wife and son.
He has used all his life's savings to start the trust which organizes a three-day annual event for the hearing-impaired to come together with their families.
The trust helps couples get married by providing them free food, clothes and jewellery.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 24, 2019 India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Driving change in attitudes towards disability in Jammu-Kashmir - My Take by Dildar Ahmad Shapoo
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Events June 26, 2019 Morning of Fun
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News