Trust conducts marriages for deaf couples
October 18, 2017
66-year-old CN Vijayaraj is the owner of Swayamwaraa Trust that has successfully conducted marriages for 4,350 couples with hearing impairment in the past six years.
Vijayaraj was a rich businessman with a huge bungalow but he now lives in a rented apartment with his wife and son.
He has used all his life's savings to start the trust which organizes a three-day annual event for the hearing-impaired to come together with their families.
The trust helps couples get married by providing them free food, clothes and jewellery.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 #AutismPower - Varun Sawant juggles multiple talents with great style
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News