Autism intervention centre opened in Mumbai's Sion Hospital
Mumbai's Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and General Hospital, popularly known as Sion Hospital, is the first public hospital in the city to have a centre for autistic children.
It is called the Autism Intervention Centre. Children with autism will get diagnosed at the centre and will benefit from different type of therapies.
The centre will function six days a week, from 9 AM to 5 PM. The expected number of children to be enrolled for therapy at the centre is 40-50. They will receive need-based therapies from various therapists and experts.
It will also create awareness about autism via workshops for schoolteachers, parents and community leaders. The focus is to create acceptance and integration of this condition in the society.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News