Tiffin service by deaf blind youth to be started in Goa's capital
In Goa, young adults diagnosed with deafblindness, will soon launch a tiffin service in Panaji.
This is their first income-generation activity. They were earlier making jewellery, flowers and candles.
Four young people, with different degrees of hearing and visual impairment, have been trained for months for this initiative. Their parents will help in the distribution of the tiffins.
The project is supported by the Automobile Corporation of Goa Ltd as part of their corporate social responsibility. It will give the deaf blind, who struggle with communication skills, the opportunity to be integrated into mainstream society.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Get-hooked February 20, 2019
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019