Aira app helps to guide the blind & visually impaired
December 31, 2016
Grocery shopping or throwing garbage are tasks that many visually impaired find difficult to do independently.
Now an app called Aira is helping to make that easy by connecting users to visual interpreting services.
This is how Aira works. The user opens the app or presses a button on their glasses, which calls one of 15 trained agents. With the use of a special dashboard, an agent can see the users' surroundings either through smart glasses or a phone camera.
The agent can then verbally walk the user through what's around them and answer questions.
Aira can also order from Amazon and hail Ubers.
Watch in Sign Language
- With Inali Arm, developer Prashant Gade aims to change the outlook of people with upper limb disabilities
March 14, 2019
- BDD Assist aims to revolutionise lives of blind and deaf people, gets mixed reviews
March 9, 2019
- Raised Line Foundation, an IIT-Delhi initiative, is working to bring the power of choice to visually impaired students
March 5, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 16, 2019 Mumbai bridge collapse - Families demand answers
- Accessibility March 15, 2019 Election Commission's voter helpline 1950 proves to be a letdown for disabled community in Chennai
- Get-hooked March 15, 2019 Parenting corner- Managing stress
- Headlines March 20, 2019 PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
- Events March 14, 2019 Fun Club
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Child prodigy Joshua Beckford proves disability need not be a roadblock to your dreams
- Headlines March 18, 2019 New Zealand attack - 3 men from Hyderabad among 50 killed
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked March 14, 2019 Learn valuable self-defense techniques at this session for disabled women in Mumbai
- Get-hooked March 14, 2019 #WonderWoman - Acid attack survivor Laxmi Agarwal shows incredible will in the face of repeated odds
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News