Election Commission announces election dates, polling booths to be made accessible
The Election Commission has announced the schedule for the five upcoming state assembly election for Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Manipur and Goa.
Polling will begin on 4 February and end on 8 March in all the states at the same time. Counting will be on 11 March.
The Election Commission has announced a number of voter-friendly measures like all-women polling booths and voters slips in the local languages. There is also a move to make polling accessible so that people with disabilities can vote easily.
Watch in Sign Language
- Lack of clarity on revised admission norms leaves disabled students & parents groping in the dark
November 15, 2018
- This music teacher's video tutorials are bringing songs alive for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
November 13, 2018
- I want to make a mobile app accessible to visually impaired! Really? - Guest column by Shilpi Kapoor, Founder, Barrier Break
November 12, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 10, 2018 Sabarimala remains turbulent as communal tenions continue
- Get-hooked November 10, 2018 Abhaya Care Foundation lends a helping hand to children with disabilities
- Accessibility November 10, 2018 Actual number of disabled voters in Telangana missing from list, activists ask for special campaign
- Get-hooked November 10, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Deepika and Ranveer want wedding guests to donate to charity
- Get-hooked November 9, 2018 Arunima Sinha, first female amputee to climb Mount Everest, gets honorary doctorate in the UK
- Technology November 12, 2018 Manovue glove opens doors to visually impaired people who do not know Braille
- Get-hooked November 8, 2018 Miss Deaf Asia Nishtha Dudeja credits her win to a fighting spirit, a Newz Hook exclusive
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 Some shopping tips for blind people
- Education November 14, 2018 Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 10, 2018