Election Commission announces election dates, polling booths to be made accessible
The Election Commission has announced the schedule for the five upcoming state assembly election for Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Manipur and Goa.
Polling will begin on 4 February and end on 8 March in all the states at the same time. Counting will be on 11 March.
The Election Commission has announced a number of voter-friendly measures like all-women polling booths and voters slips in the local languages. There is also a move to make polling accessible so that people with disabilities can vote easily.
Watch in Sign Language
- Blind Faith Upgrade kit just the 1st step towards promoting accessibility, says Isobar India
January 16, 2019
- Gujarat National Law University sets up Enabling Unit for disabled students
January 15, 2019
- Toybank - Development through Play is enabling disabled kids to discover the power of play
January 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 10, 2019 Congress appoints transgender person as general secretary, women's wing
- Headlines January 15, 2019 PM Modi tells public to rate government
- Get-hooked January 14, 2019 Disabled Kerala artist Surendran finds his creative side in incredible ball pen art
- Get-hooked January 16, 2019 Disabled people in Goa accuse authorities of demanding full body pictures for disability certificates
- Technology January 12, 2019 Artificial intelligence-based wheelchair that can be controlled with expressions? Read more
- Accessibility January 10, 2019 Help The Blind Foundation is enabling people to reach new levels of excellence every day
- Events January 14, 2019 मौसिक़ी- Conquer the mic
- Get-hooked January 16, 2019 Reach Out camps are enabling disabled people to experience the magic of yoga
- Get-hooked January 16, 2019 Buddhi residential school empowers children with Down syndrome in Bengaluru
- Events January 10, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News