App that helps people with disabilities choose the right assistive technology
Equip Myself is the name of a free new app that aims to empower Australians with disabilities.
The app gives them information they need to choose the assistive equipment and technology options that are right for them.
It provides users with easy access to information about technology options that will help them live with independence, safety and comfort.
People can explore the equipment and technologies virtually in the environments in which they would be used, like the garden, kitchen or the beach. They can also read about how other Australians with disability are using innovative assistive technology in their lives.
Equip Myself is a free tablet app and is available on the App Store and Google Play.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News