App that helps people with disabilities choose the right assistive technology
January 9, 2017
Equip Myself is the name of a free new app that aims to empower Australians with disabilities.
The app gives them information they need to choose the assistive equipment and technology options that are right for them.
It provides users with easy access to information about technology options that will help them live with independence, safety and comfort.
People can explore the equipment and technologies virtually in the environments in which they would be used, like the garden, kitchen or the beach. They can also read about how other Australians with disability are using innovative assistive technology in their lives.
Equip Myself is a free tablet app and is available on the App Store and Google Play.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News