App that helps people with disabilities choose the right assistive technology
January 9, 2017
Equip Myself is the name of a free new app that aims to empower Australians with disabilities.
The app gives them information they need to choose the assistive equipment and technology options that are right for them.
It provides users with easy access to information about technology options that will help them live with independence, safety and comfort.
People can explore the equipment and technologies virtually in the environments in which they would be used, like the garden, kitchen or the beach. They can also read about how other Australians with disability are using innovative assistive technology in their lives.
Equip Myself is a free tablet app and is available on the App Store and Google Play.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Employment June 27, 2019 Diya Innovations opens doors of opportunities for adults with disabilities
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Headlines June 23, 2019 ‘Kabir Singh’ becomes fourth-highest opener of 2019
- Parasports June 27, 2019 Bengaluru to play host to national blind football tournament
- Headlines June 27, 2019 PM responds to Jharkhand lynching
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News