Tripura to start home-based education for children with disabilities
The government of Tripura has launched a week-long special campaign to provide education for all, including the school drop-outs and children with disabilities.
As children with physical disabilities aged 6 to 14 years are unable to attend schools, the volunteers of the campaign would go to their homes to provide teaching.
The idea is to make education accessible by providing a home-based formal education for the children with physical disabilities.
Tripura is a hilly state in northeast India. It has nearly 3,700 schools and a literacy rate of 96.82%
Watch in Sign Language
- Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
February 17, 2019
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
- Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
February 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Education February 19, 2019 The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019