Tripura to start home-based education for children with disabilities
The government of Tripura has launched a week-long special campaign to provide education for all, including the school drop-outs and children with disabilities.
As children with physical disabilities aged 6 to 14 years are unable to attend schools, the volunteers of the campaign would go to their homes to provide teaching.
The idea is to make education accessible by providing a home-based formal education for the children with physical disabilities.
Tripura is a hilly state in northeast India. It has nearly 3,700 schools and a literacy rate of 96.82%
Watch in Sign Language
- Artificial Intelligence makes a huge impact in lives of disabled people
November 19, 2018
- Engineering student develops app called Myability that speaks out typed text
November 13, 2018
- Manovue glove opens doors to visually impaired people who do not know Braille
November 12, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Samsung to launch smartphone with four rear cameras in India this month
- Headlines November 18, 2018 Delhi on high alert after threat of terror attack
- Get-hooked November 19, 2018 Some driving tips for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked November 16, 2018 Sexual assaults on disabled women to come under focus in Delhi convention
- Accessibility November 19, 2018 #MeToo moment eludes India's disabled women, Tamil Nadu study reveals extent of invisibility
- Get-hooked November 20, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO leaves a good message to society
- Education November 15, 2018 Make classrooms friendly for children with ADHD
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Mithali Raj is highest T20I run scorer in India, beats Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma
- Accessibility November 18, 2018 Iconic film Sholay to be screened with audio description at IFFI 2018
- Get-hooked November 20, 2018 It is never the end unless you believe it to be - My Take by Thasveer Muhammed, model, actor & motivational speaker
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018