Chennai designer makes clothes for people with disabilities
Shalini Visakan is a Chennai based fashion designer who makes clothes for people with disabilities.
Shalini started working on this when she realized that her wheelchair-bound husband was uncomfortable wearing regular-fitting clothes.
She decided to design clothes as per the needs of persons with disabilities. Her husband was her first model.
Shalini designs clothes according to the type of disability and requirement of her clients. She aims to make the clothes comfortable for the wearers. Her clothes are sold under the brand name Suvastra Designs.
Her collection will be showcased at a fashion show in Chennai soon.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News