Chennai designer makes clothes for people with disabilities
January 7, 2017
Shalini Visakan is a Chennai based fashion designer who makes clothes for people with disabilities.
Shalini started working on this when she realized that her wheelchair-bound husband was uncomfortable wearing regular-fitting clothes.
She decided to design clothes as per the needs of persons with disabilities. Her husband was her first model.
Shalini designs clothes according to the type of disability and requirement of her clients. She aims to make the clothes comfortable for the wearers. Her clothes are sold under the brand name Suvastra Designs.
Her collection will be showcased at a fashion show in Chennai soon.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News