Chennai designer makes clothes for people with disabilities
January 7, 2017
Shalini Visakan is a Chennai based fashion designer who makes clothes for people with disabilities.
Shalini started working on this when she realized that her wheelchair-bound husband was uncomfortable wearing regular-fitting clothes.
She decided to design clothes as per the needs of persons with disabilities. Her husband was her first model.
Shalini designs clothes according to the type of disability and requirement of her clients. She aims to make the clothes comfortable for the wearers. Her clothes are sold under the brand name Suvastra Designs.
Her collection will be showcased at a fashion show in Chennai soon.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Events June 27, 2019 Thalassemia Detection Camp
- Headlines June 26, 2019 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Events June 27, 2019 Summer Melodies @ Mitr Cafe
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News