Blind Cricket profiles: Team Captain Ajay Reddy
Ajay Kumar Reddy will captain the Indian Blind Cricket team for the upcoming T-20 series. He is a B2, or partially blind, category player and has received more than 50 Man of the Series and many Man of the Match awards.
The 26-year-old got interested in cricket when he was in school after he saw his seniors play blind cricket.
He played his first match in 2003 when he was still in school at a district-level tournament.
Ajay is from Guntur in Andhra Pradesh and chose cricket as a career after completing college.
He played his first international tournament against England in 2010 as part of the India-England tour. He says Shekha Naik, who is a former Indian Blind Cricket captain, is his inspiration.
Watch in Sign Language
- Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
October 18, 2018
- India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
October 18, 2018
- Deepak Malik's century gives India lead against Sri Lanka in Blind Cricket Twenty20 series
October 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Sarbojonin in name only, not in practice - Guest column by Arita Acharjee & Annesha Dasgupta
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Animal lovers protest against decision to shoot down tigress Avni
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Kerala shutdowns after Sabarimala protests intensifies
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
- Education October 18, 2018 Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Supreme Court raps Haryana government for denying disabled students' MBBS admission
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
- Parasports October 17, 2018 Deepak Malik's century gives India lead against Sri Lanka in Blind Cricket Twenty20 series
- Headlines October 14, 2018 Industry 4.0 will create jobs, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News