Blind Cricket profiles: Team Captain Ajay Reddy
Ajay Kumar Reddy will captain the Indian Blind Cricket team for the upcoming T-20 series. He is a B2, or partially blind, category player and has received more than 50 Man of the Series and many Man of the Match awards.
The 26-year-old got interested in cricket when he was in school after he saw his seniors play blind cricket.
He played his first match in 2003 when he was still in school at a district-level tournament.
Ajay is from Guntur in Andhra Pradesh and chose cricket as a career after completing college.
He played his first international tournament against England in 2010 as part of the India-England tour. He says Shekha Naik, who is a former Indian Blind Cricket captain, is his inspiration.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Indian skipper Virat Kohli strikes 25th test hundred against Australia in style
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Headlines December 18, 2018 Cyclone hits Andhra Pradesh causing rains, landslides
- Headlines December 19, 2018 Prithvi Shaw ruled out of India-Australia Test series
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
- Get-hooked December 18, 2018 How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Events December 17, 2018 Blind Cricket League
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports December 13, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News