Blind Cricket profiles: Team Captain Ajay Reddy
Ajay Kumar Reddy will captain the Indian Blind Cricket team for the upcoming T-20 series. He is a B2, or partially blind, category player and has received more than 50 Man of the Series and many Man of the Match awards.
The 26-year-old got interested in cricket when he was in school after he saw his seniors play blind cricket.
He played his first match in 2003 when he was still in school at a district-level tournament.
Ajay is from Guntur in Andhra Pradesh and chose cricket as a career after completing college.
He played his first international tournament against England in 2010 as part of the India-England tour. He says Shekha Naik, who is a former Indian Blind Cricket captain, is his inspiration.
Watch in Sign Language
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News