Blind Cricket profiles: Vice Captain Prakash Jayaramaiah
January 16, 2017
Prakasha Jayaramaiah, is a B-3, or partially sighted, category player from Ramnagaram in Karnataka. He is the Vice-Captain of the team.
Born in 1984, Prakasha always dreamed of playing blind cricket at the international level. He was inspired by his seniors in school to play blind cricket.
He played his first tournament in 1998 at the state level. His first international tournament was against England in 2010.
Prakasha has won the Man of the Series award 40 times and has received 88 Man of the Match awards.
Prakashs Jayaramaiah, who is both wicket-keeper and batsman, lost his vision when he was three years old after a child playfully pierced both his eyes with a sharp pin. His parents could not afford treatment then.
Soon after his father, a lorry driver, met with an accident and had to stop driving. His mother worked as a tailor and was the breadwinner of the family. When Prakash was eight years old, they could finally afford the surgery after which he got partial vision.
Watch in Sign Language
- Delhi Disabilities Commissioner welcomes order setting up of Special Courts to try offences under RPWD Act 2016
August 23, 2019
- Disabled people push for need of accessible & disabled-friendly Indian Railways
August 23, 2019
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 16, 2019 PM Modi's Independence Day address - Key points
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Former union Minister P Chidambaram in CBI custody until Monday
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Death toll rises in monsoon fury at Himachal Pradesh
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Tips to lead a healthy lifestyle when you are an amputee
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Singer Mika apologizes to nation
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Parenting Corner- Motivating children
- Headlines August 17, 2019 Karnataka boy felicitated for bravery
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News