Blind Cricket profiles: Vice Captain Prakash Jayaramaiah
Prakasha Jayaramaiah, is a B-3, or partially sighted, category player from Ramnagaram in Karnataka. He is the Vice-Captain of the team.
Born in 1984, Prakasha always dreamed of playing blind cricket at the international level. He was inspired by his seniors in school to play blind cricket.
He played his first tournament in 1998 at the state level. His first international tournament was against England in 2010.
Prakasha has won the Man of the Series award 40 times and has received 88 Man of the Match awards.
Prakashs Jayaramaiah, who is both wicket-keeper and batsman, lost his vision when he was three years old after a child playfully pierced both his eyes with a sharp pin. His parents could not afford treatment then.
Soon after his father, a lorry driver, met with an accident and had to stop driving. His mother worked as a tailor and was the breadwinner of the family. When Prakash was eight years old, they could finally afford the surgery after which he got partial vision.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 18, 2018 Kerala shutdowns as Sabarimala open for ‘Mandala Kalam’
- Events November 12, 2018 Inclov Social Spaces Mumbai - New Year Celebration
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 Inclusive trek near Bengaluru brings visually impaired & sighted people together
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Prime Minister Modi launches projects over ₹2,400 crore in Varanasi
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Mithali Raj is highest T20I run scorer in India, beats Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma
- Headlines November 16, 2018 South African President to be Republic Day chief guest
- Get-hooked November 16, 2018 Sexual assaults on disabled women to come under focus in Delhi convention
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Accessibility November 15, 2018 Lack of clarity on revised admission norms leaves disabled students & parents groping in the dark
- Education November 14, 2018 Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports November 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News