Blind Cricket profile: Sukhram Majhi
Sukhram Majhi is a 20-year-old athlete who has won many medals in running and high jump. His seniors in school inspired him to take up blind cricket.
Born in 1996, Sukhram is from Odisha and is currently in his second year of college.
Sukhram got his first chance to play in a state tournament in school 2005. His first international tournament was also in 2005 against Pakistan.
He is a B3, or partially sighted category player who won the Man of the Series title five times and many Man of the Match awards.
His biggest inspiration is his school teacher who motivated him to pursue cricket as a career.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 5, 2018 Fun, meaningful ways that World Disability Day was celebrated across India
- Headlines December 6, 2018 Vijay Mallya offers to pay 100% loans back to the banks
- Employment December 11, 2018 Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur restaurant managed by disabled youth
- Technology December 5, 2018 Assistive technology makes life simpler for children with learning disabilities
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh, pediatrician
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Get-hooked December 4, 2018 Smileys India bats for inclusion through art
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 These disabled youngsters find their passion in something unique
- Headlines December 4, 2018 Congress backs Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh over Sidhu
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News