Nashik opens first talking library for blind students
NGO Om Sai Welfare Assocation for the Blind and Disabled has started the first ‘Talking Library’ at Nashik.
The library has three types of services – books based on digital accessible information system (DAISY), books recorded in MP3 format and e-books that can be read with the talk-back software.
It has textbooks from Class 10 to different post-graduate courses available in MP3 format.
The library also has trained volunteers who will provide on-demand facility for blind students.
The idea is to maintain a digital record of various books to make them available for free.
Watch in Sign Language
- Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
December 14, 2018
- Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
December 14, 2018
- Tips to help children with dyscalculia
December 7, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports December 11, 2018 Protest by Kerala para sportspersons to draw attention to struggle for facilities, funding
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
- Parasports December 17, 2018 Nothing stops this blind cricketer from batting for inclusion into IPL
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Disabled travellers raise concern over toilets being shut down in railway platforms
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Three terrorists & seven civilians killed at encounter in Jammu & Kashmir
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Supreme Court orders that there should be no further investigation on Rafale deal
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Health Problems in children with Autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018