Deaf critic movie review of Passengers
Passengers is an American science fiction-thriller and adventure film.
The film features Jennifer Lawrence as Aurora (writer) and Christ Pratt as Jim (mechanical engineer).
The film starts with a starship Avalon which is carrying 5,000 passengers in hibernation cases to the planet Homestead II. The spaceship is on a journey that takes 120 years.
But a technical error awakens a passenger Jim 90 years early.
Jim tries his best to solve the technical problem but fails every time.
After spending a year alone, Jim thinks of committing suicide.
That’s when he notices Aurora and decides to get her out of her case manually for friendship.
Jim and Aurora grow closer and become lovers.
The twist in the story comes when Jim and Aurora find out many failures in the ship’s systems.
The way Jim and Aurora discover the mystery behind the technical failures and save the lives of thousands of passengers forms the remaining part of the story.
The first half of the film is engaging while the second half is more like managing life and death situations.
Good visual effects and the actors played their role convincingly. A must watch film for science-fiction lovers.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019