Blind Cricket profile: T Durgarao
January 18, 2017
Durgarao is from Srikakulam in Andhra Pradesh. Born in 1996, he got hooked to the game while in school. He is a B3, or partially sighted, category player.
Duragrao played his first tournament in 2011, while still in school. His first international match was against Pakistan in 2014 in the World Cup in South Africa.
His inspiration are his seniors in school who introduced him to the game.
Durgarao has won Man of the Series title four times in state-level tournaments. He has won 15 Man of the Match awards in zonal and international tournaments.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News