Blind Cricket profile: T Durgarao
Durgarao is from Srikakulam in Andhra Pradesh. Born in 1996, he got hooked to the game while in school. He is a B3, or partially sighted, category player.
Duragrao played his first tournament in 2011, while still in school. His first international match was against Pakistan in 2014 in the World Cup in South Africa.
His inspiration are his seniors in school who introduced him to the game.
Durgarao has won Man of the Series title four times in state-level tournaments. He has won 15 Man of the Match awards in zonal and international tournaments.
Watch in Sign Language
- "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
February 19, 2019
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019