Blind Cricket profile: Sunil Ramesh
As a schoolboy, Sunil had big dreams of playing for India. He is a B3, or partially sighted, category player from Karnataka.
He got interested in the game while watching his senior in school.
He played his first tournament in 2012. He was so hardworking and enthusiastic that he was chosen for the Asia Cup tournament in 2016.
Sunil is a six time Man of the Series winner in state-level tournaments. He has received eight Man of the Match awards in the South Zone, national and international tournaments.
He has also received many awards from both the Karnataka government as well as the Centre for his contribution.
Sunil was born with eyesight. When he was 11 years old, a sharp wire pierced his right eye while he was playing cricket, causing intense damage. He says his sight is now slowly diminishing. He is now pursuing a degree in Mountain View College in Chikkamagalur, and is in the second year.
Watch in Sign Language
- "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
February 19, 2019
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019