Blind Cricket profile: Sunil Ramesh
As a schoolboy, Sunil had big dreams of playing for India. He is a B3, or partially sighted, category player from Karnataka.
He got interested in the game while watching his senior in school.
He played his first tournament in 2012. He was so hardworking and enthusiastic that he was chosen for the Asia Cup tournament in 2016.
Sunil is a six time Man of the Series winner in state-level tournaments. He has received eight Man of the Match awards in the South Zone, national and international tournaments.
He has also received many awards from both the Karnataka government as well as the Centre for his contribution.
Sunil was born with eyesight. When he was 11 years old, a sharp wire pierced his right eye while he was playing cricket, causing intense damage. He says his sight is now slowly diminishing. He is now pursuing a degree in Mountain View College in Chikkamagalur, and is in the second year.
Watch in Sign Language
- Jharkhand girls stand tall despite loss in first inter-state women’s blind cricket tournament
November 20, 2018
- Divyaang Myithri Sports Academy’s wheelchair cricket camp is a success
November 20, 2018
- Coach Jaspal Dhani on a mission to put India on the global map of wheelchair basketball
November 19, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports November 19, 2018 Coach Jaspal Dhani on a mission to put India on the global map of wheelchair basketball
- Events November 15, 2018 Convention Against Sexual Assaults on Women with Disabilities
- Accessibility November 15, 2018 Lack of clarity on revised admission norms leaves disabled students & parents groping in the dark
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Small touches that make love stronger when you date a deaf person
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Priyanka to get married in Jodhpur, preparations are on
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prayatna Counselling & Early Intervention Centre is on the journey of making a positive change
- Education November 14, 2018 Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
- Get-hooked November 20, 2018 It is never the end unless you believe it to be - My Take by Thasveer Muhammed, model, actor & motivational speaker
- Get-hooked November 16, 2018 Sexual assaults on disabled women to come under focus in Delhi convention
- Headlines November 20, 2018 Amritsar grenade attack puts Punjab Police on the backfoot
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports November 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018