Blind Cricket profile: D Venkateshwara Rao
D V Rao made his mark at state-level cricket early when he played his tournament in 2008 at Kurnool. He followed this with his first international tournament against Pakistan in 2011.
Rao became interested in blind cricket after watching his seniors in school play the game. He is a B2, or partially blind, category player who has won the Man of the Series award 15 times.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 5, 2018 Disability Heroes - Deaf political candidate Sudeep Shukla is a sign of the changing times
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 Disability Heroes - Neha Agarwal is opening corporate India’s eyes to the AB-ility in disability
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Accessibility December 7, 2018 Disability Heroes - Prajith Jaipal is out to create a new India, accessible & barrier-free
- Get-hooked December 4, 2018 Smileys India bats for inclusion through art
- Headlines December 5, 2018 Five people arrested in killing of police officer at Uttar Pradesh
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Wedding preparations of Mukesh Ambani's daughter begin
- Headlines December 4, 2018 Jet Airways cancels 14 flights as pilots didn’t show up for work
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News