Blind Cricket profile: Ganesh Muhundkar
January 27, 2017
Ganesh Muhundkar is a B2, or partially blind, category player from Gujarat. He started playing cricket when he was in school.
Born in 1988, he played his first state-level tournament in 2001. He played his first international tournament in 2014 during the World Cup.
He has won the Man of the Series award two times and many Man of the Match titles.
After winning the 2014 World Cup, he received cash awards from the Ministry of Sports. Ganesh says his sports teacher has been the main source of support.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News