Blind Cricket profile: Ganesh Muhundkar
January 27, 2017
Ganesh Muhundkar is a B2, or partially blind, category player from Gujarat. He started playing cricket when he was in school.
Born in 1988, he played his first state-level tournament in 2001. He played his first international tournament in 2014 during the World Cup.
He has won the Man of the Series award two times and many Man of the Match titles.
After winning the 2014 World Cup, he received cash awards from the Ministry of Sports. Ganesh says his sports teacher has been the main source of support.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News