Blind Cricket profile: Mohammed Farhan
January 22, 2017
Farhan belongs to Nilambur in Kerala. He was inspired by blind cricket when he saw his seniors from school play cricket.
He played his first tournament while in school in 2004 at a state tournament at Ernakulam, and is a B2, or partially blind, category player.
Farhan is especially thrilled about having played his first international tournament against a strong team like Australia in 2014.
A motivated player, he has won 10 Man of the Series awards in the state-level tournaments he has played in.
After India's win in the 2014 World Cup, he was awarded Rs seven lakh by the central government.
Watch in Sign Language
- Delhi Disabilities Commissioner welcomes order setting up of Special Courts to try offences under RPWD Act 2016
August 23, 2019
- Disabled people push for need of accessible & disabled-friendly Indian Railways
August 23, 2019
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Singer Mika apologizes to nation
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kuldeep Devendra Rawal wants to be a change maker using the power of music
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Amazon forest burns at record rate
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 17 Aug-18 Aug
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Ex-minister P Chidambaram arrested
- Headlines August 16, 2019 PM Modi's Independence Day address - Key points
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Telephone services, Internet partially back in J&K
- Parasports August 22, 2019 #IStandIndependent - Amidst hardships, Manoj Kumar pursues his love for sports with determination & hard work
- Events August 21, 2019 Ageing with Grace Workshop for Seniors
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News