Blind Cricket profile: Mohammed Farhan
Farhan belongs to Nilambur in Kerala. He was inspired by blind cricket when he saw his seniors from school play cricket.
He played his first tournament while in school in 2004 at a state tournament at Ernakulam, and is a B2, or partially blind, category player.
Farhan is especially thrilled about having played his first international tournament against a strong team like Australia in 2014.
A motivated player, he has won 10 Man of the Series awards in the state-level tournaments he has played in.
After India's win in the 2014 World Cup, he was awarded Rs seven lakh by the central government.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Samanvai spreads smiles to lives of disabled people in Hyderabad
- Accessibility January 16, 2019 Blind Faith Upgrade kit just the 1st step towards promoting accessibility, says Isobar India
- Events January 17, 2019 India Art Festival- IAF
- Education January 16, 2019 Home schooling now an option for children with disabilities in Maharashtra
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Awareness to access, Cure SMA India speaks up for kids with spinal muscular atrophy
- Events January 19, 2019 Workshop on Secrets to Deal with ADHD Children
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Find a life partner at this disability matrimonial event
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Jisha’s journey with art is a story of determination, passion
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Inclusion & music come together at this event in Delhi's Hans Raj College
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Bengaluru NGOs show a large heart with donations for disabled, homeless people
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News