Blind Cricket profile: Mohammed Farhan
Farhan belongs to Nilambur in Kerala. He was inspired by blind cricket when he saw his seniors from school play cricket.
He played his first tournament while in school in 2004 at a state tournament at Ernakulam, and is a B2, or partially blind, category player.
Farhan is especially thrilled about having played his first international tournament against a strong team like Australia in 2014.
A motivated player, he has won 10 Man of the Series awards in the state-level tournaments he has played in.
After India's win in the 2014 World Cup, he was awarded Rs seven lakh by the central government.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events November 15, 2018 BGFI's Accessible Tour to Mumbai Dockyard
- Accessibility November 18, 2018 Iconic film Sholay to be screened with audio description at IFFI 2018
- Accessibility November 16, 2018 Filmmaker Rustom Irani to explore legal options against Jet Airways for alleged manhandling on flight
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Sushmita Sen puts an end to marriage rumours on social media
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 "It was like the whole universe came together" - My Take by Ruma Roka, founder, Noida Deaf Society
- Accessibility November 13, 2018 This music teacher's video tutorials are bringing songs alive for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 Some shopping tips for blind people
- Headlines November 18, 2018 Delhi on high alert after threat of terror attack
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Cyclonic storm lashes coasts of Tamil Nadu, south Andhra
- Parasports November 15, 2018 Mumbai to play host to second wheelchair basketball camp in November
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports November 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News