Blind Cricket profile: Ketan Patel
January 23, 2017
Ketan Patel is from Valsad in Gujarat and is a skilled B1, or totally blind, category player.
His interest in cricket developed while in school and he played his first state-level match in 2002. In 2006, he played his first international tournament in the third ODI World Cup.
Ketan was Man of the Series in the 2012 T-20 World Cup, Man of the Series in 2014, and Man of the Series during the 2016 Asia Cup.
Ketan says his main source of support was his sports teacher in school.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Headlines June 9, 2019 Imran Khan invites PM Modi for peace talks
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News