Blind Cricket profile: Sonu Golkar
January 26, 2017
Sonu Golkar is from Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh and has an MA in Sociology.
He is a passionate cricket player and is in the B1 or totally blind category.
He came across blind cricket when his seniors in blind school introduced the game to him. He played his first tournament while in school in 1999.
His first match was against England in 2015. He has received two Man of the Series awards. He plays many other sports as well.
His motivators are his teachers, friends and international blind cricketers.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 17, 2019 Karnataka boy felicitated for bravery
- Events August 14, 2019 Let your hands do the talking
- Get-Hooked August 13, 2019 Enjoy this Independence Day with an inclusive trek at Raigad, Maharashtra
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Delhi Public School Bengaluru North brings an inclusive touch to its crowdfunding initiatives
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Angry reactions to Mika Singh's performance in Karachi
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Chandrayaan 2 heading towards the Moon
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Telephone services, Internet partially back in J&K
- Education August 12, 2019 A YouTuber by chance, Husna Ameen proves disability is no barrier to pursue dreams
- Headlines August 16, 2019 From 29 October, women can travel for free on Delhi buses
- Events August 14, 2019 Unity through Performing Arts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News