Blind Cricket profile: Sonu Golkar
Sonu Golkar is from Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh and has an MA in Sociology.
He is a passionate cricket player and is in the B1 or totally blind category.
He came across blind cricket when his seniors in blind school introduced the game to him. He played his first tournament while in school in 1999.
His first match was against England in 2015. He has received two Man of the Series awards. He plays many other sports as well.
His motivators are his teachers, friends and international blind cricketers.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology December 17, 2018 Microsoft introduces real-time captions, translations to Skype, PowerPoint
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
- Events December 17, 2018 All India Seventh Across Disability Matrimonial Get Together
- Events December 17, 2018 Dementia Caregivers' Support Group Meet
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
- Events December 17, 2018 AADI Winter festival 2018!
- Events December 17, 2018 Workshop on Concessions and Benefits for Children with Hearing Loss
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh may be announced today
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports December 13, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News