Blind Cricket profile: Sonu Golkar
Sonu Golkar is from Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh and has an MA in Sociology.
He is a passionate cricket player and is in the B1 or totally blind category.
He came across blind cricket when his seniors in blind school introduced the game to him. He played his first tournament while in school in 1999.
His first match was against England in 2015. He has received two Man of the Series awards. He plays many other sports as well.
His motivators are his teachers, friends and international blind cricketers.
Watch in Sign Language
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019