Blind Cricket profile: Sonu Golkar
Sonu Golkar is from Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh and has an MA in Sociology.
He is a passionate cricket player and is in the B1 or totally blind category.
He came across blind cricket when his seniors in blind school introduced the game to him. He played his first tournament while in school in 1999.
His first match was against England in 2015. He has received two Man of the Series awards. He plays many other sports as well.
His motivators are his teachers, friends and international blind cricketers.
Watch in Sign Language
- Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
October 18, 2018
- India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
October 18, 2018
- Deepak Malik's century gives India lead against Sri Lanka in Blind Cricket Twenty20 series
October 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education October 15, 2018 Relief for students with disabilities, CBSE exemptions to take effect from 2019
- Events October 19, 2018 Knowledge sharing Open Session On Career Planning by BGFI
- Technology October 17, 2018 Regional language dyslexia screening tool, DALI, now available as an app
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Abhyan Centre steps in to lend a hand to disabled teenagers
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Kerala shutdowns after Sabarimala protests intensifies
- Accessibility October 15, 2018 Lucknow zoo becomes blind-friendly, an India first
- Parasports October 15, 2018 Top sports brand Nike's move to sign up athlete with cerebral palsy hailed
- Accessibility October 12, 2018 A Durga Puja pandal in Kolkata that is accessible to visually impaired people
- Get-hooked October 13, 2018 Government announces scholarships for students with disabilities
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Armed mobs attack women journalists near Sabrimala temple
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News