Blind Cricket profile: Sonu Golkar
January 26, 2017
Sonu Golkar is from Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh and has an MA in Sociology.
He is a passionate cricket player and is in the B1 or totally blind category.
He came across blind cricket when his seniors in blind school introduced the game to him. He played his first tournament while in school in 1999.
His first match was against England in 2015. He has received two Man of the Series awards. He plays many other sports as well.
His motivators are his teachers, friends and international blind cricketers.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 11, 2019 Workshop: Behavior as a communication tool
- Events July 11, 2019 Movement therapy sessions
- Get-hooked July 11, 2019 #RareDiseases - Attitude key when living with Ataxia
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Over 50 people dead, 30 missing in Nepal floods
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 NGO Sreesh Mandiram was born out of a couple's experience coping with disability
- Events July 11, 2019 Ask Me Anything
- Events July 16, 2019 International Autism Conference
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Al-Qaeda head calls for attack on J&K in video
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Kangana accuses media of defamation
- Events July 11, 2019 State Level Conference
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News