Blind Cricket profile: Golu Kumar
Golu Kumar was born in 2000 and is from Ranchi in Jharkhand. He is just 16 years old and is very passionate about cricket.
He played his first tournament while in school in 2013. His international tournament was in 2014 against Australia.
He is a B1 player, or totally blind, category player who has won two Man of the Series awards and a few Man of the Match titles.
His motivators are his teachers and friends who encourage him to play blind cricket.
Watch in Sign Language
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019