Blind Cricket profile: Golu Kumar
January 29, 2017
Golu Kumar was born in 2000 and is from Ranchi in Jharkhand. He is just 16 years old and is very passionate about cricket.
He played his first tournament while in school in 2013. His international tournament was in 2014 against Australia.
He is a B1 player, or totally blind, category player who has won two Man of the Series awards and a few Man of the Match titles.
His motivators are his teachers and friends who encourage him to play blind cricket.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News