Blind Cricket profile: Golu Kumar
January 29, 2017
Golu Kumar was born in 2000 and is from Ranchi in Jharkhand. He is just 16 years old and is very passionate about cricket.
He played his first tournament while in school in 2013. His international tournament was in 2014 against Australia.
He is a B1 player, or totally blind, category player who has won two Man of the Series awards and a few Man of the Match titles.
His motivators are his teachers and friends who encourage him to play blind cricket.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News