Blind Cricket profile: Prem Kumar
January 25, 2017
Prem Kumar is a 22-year-old cricket player from Kurnool in Andhra Pradesh. He was greatly inspired by the game after watching his seniors in school play cricket.
He got a chance to play his first state level tournament in 2007 at Nandyala.
He was part of the 2016 Asia Cup, which was his first international tournament. He is a B1, or totally blind, category player.
He has won the Man of the Series title two times in state, zonal and national tournaments.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Virat is 1st cricketer with 100 million fans on social media
- Headlines May 24, 2019 Rahul concedes defeat, congratulates PM
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Pune centre builds awareness, stands up to the stigma around schizophrenia
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Para athlete Javed Choudhari to dance up a storm on reality show Dance Deewane
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Video of physically disabled Zomato delivery boy wins hearts on social media
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 'Follow your heart, not your brain to find success' - Guest column by Neelu Jindal
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Disability rights activist Prajith Jaipal to hit the road to promote awareness
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Meet the young adults with autism to get their fingers inked for the first time
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 Understanding Chronic Pain
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News