Maharashtra government initiative for students with disabilities
Students with disabilities find it hard at times to get a writer to assist them in their examinations. The Maharashtra government has decided to make sure that this issue is taken care of.
The government has ordered the education department in the state to create a pool of writers that can help them with writing exam papers.
Education officers across all districts, junior colleges and schools have been asked to create a list of available writers that can be approached as and when needed.
The list will be available on an online portal. The decision has been welcomed by many and deaf students have also requested for a list of students that can understand the sign language.
Watch in Sign Language
- Disabled students in West Bengal cheer move to reserve 5% seats in higher education
December 18, 2018
- Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
December 14, 2018
- Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
December 14, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh may be announced today
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Parasports December 18, 2018 Para athletes see opportunities in Citi-International Paralympic Committee partnership
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Bhupesh Baghel is the new Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
- Headlines December 17, 2018 P V Sindhu makes history, becomes 1st Indian to win BWF World Tour title
- Events December 17, 2018 Blind Cricket League
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018