Maharashtra government initiative for students with disabilities
January 19, 2017
Students with disabilities find it hard at times to get a writer to assist them in their examinations. The Maharashtra government has decided to make sure that this issue is taken care of.
The government has ordered the education department in the state to create a pool of writers that can help them with writing exam papers.
Education officers across all districts, junior colleges and schools have been asked to create a list of available writers that can be approached as and when needed.
The list will be available on an online portal. The decision has been welcomed by many and deaf students have also requested for a list of students that can understand the sign language.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 12, 2019 IPL 2019- CSK beats RR
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Headlines April 12, 2019 Court fines Bengal government for film ban
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News