Maharashtra government initiative for students with disabilities
January 19, 2017
Students with disabilities find it hard at times to get a writer to assist them in their examinations. The Maharashtra government has decided to make sure that this issue is taken care of.
The government has ordered the education department in the state to create a pool of writers that can help them with writing exam papers.
Education officers across all districts, junior colleges and schools have been asked to create a list of available writers that can be approached as and when needed.
The list will be available on an online portal. The decision has been welcomed by many and deaf students have also requested for a list of students that can understand the sign language.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Modi responds to Jharkhand mob lynching
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Employment June 27, 2019 Diya Innovations opens doors of opportunities for adults with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News