Maharashtra government initiative for students with disabilities
Students with disabilities find it hard at times to get a writer to assist them in their examinations. The Maharashtra government has decided to make sure that this issue is taken care of.
The government has ordered the education department in the state to create a pool of writers that can help them with writing exam papers.
Education officers across all districts, junior colleges and schools have been asked to create a list of available writers that can be approached as and when needed.
The list will be available on an online portal. The decision has been welcomed by many and deaf students have also requested for a list of students that can understand the sign language.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some ways to help kids with autism prepare for exams
October 20, 2018
- Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
October 18, 2018
- Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
October 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 16, 2018 Over 70 cases of Zika virus reported in Rajasthan
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Armed mobs attack women journalists near Sabrimala temple
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 High time to bid goodbye to idioms that mock the disabled community
- Employment October 19, 2018 An informative ‘Career Planning’ session for visually impaired people
- Get-hooked October 14, 2018 Visually impaired girls perfomed garba on song written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Priyanka Chopra to marry later this year, most likely in Rajasthan
- Accessibility October 15, 2018 Lucknow zoo becomes blind-friendly, an India first
- Accessibility October 14, 2018 Savlon's new Braille enabled pack gets a big thumbs up. Will other brands follow?
- Events October 19, 2018 Knowledge sharing Open Session On Career Planning by BGFI
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Education October 20, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News