Maharashtra government initiative for students with disabilities
Students with disabilities find it hard at times to get a writer to assist them in their examinations. The Maharashtra government has decided to make sure that this issue is taken care of.
The government has ordered the education department in the state to create a pool of writers that can help them with writing exam papers.
Education officers across all districts, junior colleges and schools have been asked to create a list of available writers that can be approached as and when needed.
The list will be available on an online portal. The decision has been welcomed by many and deaf students have also requested for a list of students that can understand the sign language.
Watch in Sign Language
- The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
February 19, 2019
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Events February 21, 2019 Course in Learning Disabilities from Samadhan Goyam
- Events February 21, 2019 Free Medical Camp
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019