Flexible spoon making eating easy for people with cerebral palsy
Liftware Level, a battery-operated utensil, is making eating comfortable for people with cerebral palsy. The utensil has been designed by Verily, which was earlier part of Google Life Sciences.
The utensil uses motors and sensors to recognize the position of the hand and adjust. This way people with limited hand and arm mobility can eat without spilling.
The utensil has been developed by Anupam Pathak, who is a technical leader at Google. It is like another technology that his team helped design for people who have hand tremors.
There are sensors inside the device that tell a tiny computer if the spoon is level. If it’s not level, it figures out how it needs to move.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
February 18, 2019
- Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
February 17, 2019
- Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
February 15, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019