College of fragrance for the blind in Mumbai is making news
October 15, 2017
It is believed that people with visual impairment have a sharper smelling power than others.
The College of Fragrance for the Visually Impaired, COFVI, is a one of its kind institute in India that aims to help them make use of that gift. The college is based in Mumbai and has a training course that uses a mix of technology and unconventional teaching methods.
The institute was set up in 2012 and has trained several visually impaired people. COFVI has trained and placed nearly 25 students in the last four years as fragrance evaluators and quality control executives.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Dhoni gets government support on gloves issue
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News