Facebook launches new accessible features
February 6, 2017
A new feature on Facebook allows photos to be described in words.
The descriptions can be heard without screen readers. Pictures will now be explained to users in more detail.
This feature is to ensure that Facebook is more accessible for users with visual impairments.
Those who are visually impaired will come to know which of their friends are on the social networking website.
A search feature has also been added so that one can find pictures with specific criteria. For example, search for 'black shirt photo,' will look for pictures that have someone wearing a shirt of that particular colour even if it was not tagged with the information.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
April 21, 2019
- In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
April 20, 2019
- CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
April 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News