Facebook launches new accessible features
A new feature on Facebook allows photos to be described in words.
The descriptions can be heard without screen readers. Pictures will now be explained to users in more detail.
This feature is to ensure that Facebook is more accessible for users with visual impairments.
Those who are visually impaired will come to know which of their friends are on the social networking website.
A search feature has also been added so that one can find pictures with specific criteria. For example, search for ‘black shirt photo,’ will look for pictures that have someone wearing a shirt of that particular colour even if it was not tagged with the information.
Watch in Sign Language
- Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
February 17, 2019
- Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
February 15, 2019
- Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019