A centre for deaf kids opens in village near Kolkata
October 8, 2017
Muslima Bibi, who lives in a village near Kolkata, has two sons with hearing impairments. She had to travel to a centre in Kolkata called Vaani every time for her sons' needs.
This was too tiring for her and the kids and she decided to set up a centre for kids with hearing impairments in her village.
With the support of Vaani, she has now opened a centre in the village. Over 20 kids have joined the centre.
The teachers at the centre guide the students and their parents. The success of the centre in a small village is an inspiration for others as well.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Events June 11, 2019 Maximising Progress in Autism
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News