A centre for deaf kids opens in village near Kolkata
Muslima Bibi, who lives in a village near Kolkata, has two sons with hearing impairments. She had to travel to a centre in Kolkata called Vaani every time for her sons’ needs.
This was too tiring for her and the kids and she decided to set up a centre for kids with hearing impairments in her village.
With the support of Vaani, she has now opened a centre in the village. Over 20 kids have joined the centre.
The teachers at the centre guide the students and their parents. The success of the centre in a small village is an inspiration for others as well.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News