A centre for deaf kids opens in village near Kolkata
October 8, 2017
Muslima Bibi, who lives in a village near Kolkata, has two sons with hearing impairments. She had to travel to a centre in Kolkata called Vaani every time for her sons' needs.
This was too tiring for her and the kids and she decided to set up a centre for kids with hearing impairments in her village.
With the support of Vaani, she has now opened a centre in the village. Over 20 kids have joined the centre.
The teachers at the centre guide the students and their parents. The success of the centre in a small village is an inspiration for others as well.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News