A centre for deaf kids opens in village near Kolkata
Muslima Bibi, who lives in a village near Kolkata, has two sons with hearing impairments. She had to travel to a centre in Kolkata called Vaani every time for her sons’ needs.
This was too tiring for her and the kids and she decided to set up a centre for kids with hearing impairments in her village.
With the support of Vaani, she has now opened a centre in the village. Over 20 kids have joined the centre.
The teachers at the centre guide the students and their parents. The success of the centre in a small village is an inspiration for others as well.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 16, 2018 Aiming for gold in 2020 Paralympics, Asian Para Games gold medalist Ekta Bhyan tells Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 22, 2018 What matters is how we run the race - Guest Column by Vineet Saraiwala, visually impaired marathoner
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 An open letter to Goa Governor, Mridula Sinha - My Take by Monika Kshatriya
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 High time to bid goodbye to idioms that mock the disabled community
- Accessibility October 16, 2018 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Events October 22, 2018 Tandav 5.0 Volunteer Meetup #2
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News