A centre for deaf kids opens in village near Kolkata
Muslima Bibi, who lives in a village near Kolkata, has two sons with hearing impairments. She had to travel to a centre in Kolkata called Vaani every time for her sons’ needs.
This was too tiring for her and the kids and she decided to set up a centre for kids with hearing impairments in her village.
With the support of Vaani, she has now opened a centre in the village. Over 20 kids have joined the centre.
The teachers at the centre guide the students and their parents. The success of the centre in a small village is an inspiration for others as well.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Bhupesh Baghel is the new Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Disabled travellers raise concern over toilets being shut down in railway platforms
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Get-hooked December 18, 2018 How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
- Parasports December 18, 2018 Para athletes see opportunities in Citi-International Paralympic Committee partnership
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018