Indian fashion photographer redefines beauty through models with Down Syndrome
November 13, 2017
Paris-based Indian fashion photographer Sanjyot Telang is challenging people to look at beauty in different ways.
Telang has partnered with the NGO Kimkan in putting girls with Down Syndrome on the fashion pages. Called Fashion Misfits, Telang says she wants people to take another look at what is considered beautiful.
Telang, who described the photo shoot as 'soul melting', says she got the idea to do such a shoot in a dream many years ago. Her aim is to break conventional notions of beauty. She believes that such ideas are desperately needed as people have become too self-involved and fail to look beyond themselves.
Telang wants to work towards making a society more open-minded, accepting and compassionate. She hopes that her project will inspire some people to look beyond petty issues and assess their strengths, weaknesses and notions of happiness.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News