Blind critic movie review of Jolly LLB 2
A blind perspective:
Writer-Director Subhash Kapoor yet again packs a punch with his satirical courtroom drama, Jolly LLB 2.
Akshay Kumar is simply impressive as Jagdishwar Mishra, a struggling lawyer in Lucknow with his wife Pushpa (Huma Qureshi).
Whilst in his efforts of becoming a famous lawyer, Jolly finds himself responsible for the suicide of Hina (Sayani), a pregnant woman desperate to seek justice for her husband Iqbal (Manav Kaul) killed in a fake encounter.
Shaken by the guilt of Hina’s death, Jolly begins the fight for justice against the corrupt policemen and crippled judiciary system.
The chemistry between Akshay Kumar, Saurabh Shukla as Justice Tripathi and Annu Kapoor as Advocate Mathur keeps the audience connected throughout the movie.
Sadly, there are numerous occasions where the Visually Impaired audience has to depend upon sighted assistance to understand the proceedings.
Especially during the flashback while Jolly studies Iqbal’s case file. Also during the song ‘Bawara Mann’ when Jolly is shown recovering, after being shot with bullets.
Having been said this, the movie is sheer delight to watch for its realistic plot and well-written dialogues producing moments of hilarious laughter as well as emotional rush.
If you believe in “Satyamev Jayate”, Jolly LLB 2 is definitely a must watch. Of course, with a sighted buddy!
A sighted perspective:
Jolly LLB 2 is a perfect courtroom drama with lots of entertainment. It is a sensible and daring movie that makes one feel that justice exists even in today’s times.
It is interesting to watch the current judicial system and its working in the film. The story’s theme that neither we want terrorists nor corrupt police officials have been presented in a beautiful and humorous manner.
Akshay Kumar as Jolly looks real and superb, Annu Kapoor as lawyer Mathur has acted extremely well in a negative role and Saurabh Shukla’s extraordinary acting as Justice Tripathi is powerful. Honestly, Saurabh Shukla steals the show with his amazing dialogues and funny punchlines.
Huma Qureshi as Jolly’s wife Pushpa is supporting. Huma doesn’t have a major role as such in the film but no one could have done the small part better than her.
Director Subhash Kapoor deserves appreciation for keeping most of the scenes realistic. Nothing looks larger than life in the film.
Verdict: Jolly LLB 2 is a must watch for its good social message, excellent direction, tight script, perfect humour timing and best performance by all actors.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 5, 2018 Fun, meaningful ways that World Disability Day was celebrated across India
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje accuses opposition leader of body-shaming
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Section 144 extended in Sabarimala till 8 December
- Technology December 5, 2018 Assistive technology makes life simpler for children with learning disabilities
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 These disabled youngsters find their passion in something unique
- Accessibility December 7, 2018 Disability Heroes - Prajith Jaipal is out to create a new India, accessible & barrier-free
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked December 8, 2018