Meet the man behind India's success at blind cricket
43-year-old Patrick Rajkumar, a political science professor from Bengaluru, is the man who gets a lot of credit for the India's phenomenal success in the World Cup Cricket for the Blind.
Rajkumar, who has been coaching the country's Blind Cricket Team is neither a coach nor a sportsman. The Cricket Association of the Blind in India approached the professor in 2012 to build the team. Rajkumar had last played a sport during his college years.
Rajkumar told the team to focus on winning matches and not individual honours. He can speak eight languages and is able to communicate with the players who come from different parts of India.
He hopes that the team will inspire visually challenged persons across the country.
Watch in Sign Language
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
- Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Technology February 11, 2019 Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Hailstorm in Noida-Delhi has social media excited
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News