Textura, a phone for the blind made of special material
February 21, 2017
People with visual impairments cannot easily use smartphones. It is difficult for them to work with these surfaces, and voice prompts are not always accurate.
Designer Isa Velarde has designed a phone that offers a possible way out as it works best with people who suffer vision problems.
Called Textura, it has a Braille surface that makes it easy to use through touch. Textura has a working touch screen but sight is not needed to use it.
There are movable pins that move throughout the phone, creating messages in braille or shaping into an icon. Users can input and send messages as well as receive them.
The phone also has headphone jacks so information can be listened to. Textura is a beautiful phone that can prove to be very useful.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Gurugram students design walking stick & self help shoes for visually impaired people
April 25, 2019
- #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
April 18, 2019
- Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
April 15, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Employment April 23, 2019 Finding right jobs still remains a struggle for adults with autism
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Events April 26, 2019 Dyslexia Awareness Workshop
- Accessibility April 25, 2019 Wheelchair users enjoy their first boat ride down Kerala's famous Periyar river
- Headlines April 24, 2019 Islamic State takes responsibility for Lanka blasts
- Headlines April 24, 2019 PM Modi casts vote in Ahmedabad
- Accessibility April 23, 2019 Chennai airport's new terminal to show a disabled-friendly, accessible face
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News