Textura, a phone for the blind made of special material
February 21, 2017
People with visual impairments cannot easily use smartphones. It is difficult for them to work with these surfaces, and voice prompts are not always accurate.
Designer Isa Velarde has designed a phone that offers a possible way out as it works best with people who suffer vision problems.
Called Textura, it has a Braille surface that makes it easy to use through touch. Textura has a working touch screen but sight is not needed to use it.
There are movable pins that move throughout the phone, creating messages in braille or shaping into an icon. Users can input and send messages as well as receive them.
The phone also has headphone jacks so information can be listened to. Textura is a beautiful phone that can prove to be very useful.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Sensor-based device Saarthi is enabling blind people to move about independently
June 27, 2019
- New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
June 24, 2019
- #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
June 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Father pleads guilty in death of adoptive disabled child
- Events June 27, 2019 Summer Melodies @ Mitr Cafe
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Events June 27, 2019 Thalassemia Detection Camp
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Salman Khan accused of assault, robbery
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News