Bodybuilders with disabilities compete for Mr India title
The Indian Bodybuilding Federation's (IBBF) 17th Junior Masters championship was held in Indore over the weekend. Over 40 people with disabilities took part; four of them were from Maharashtra.
There is great interest in this sports. The prize money has grown from Rs 5,000 in 2009 to Rs 50,000 today.
There are also more bodybuilders with disabilities taking part as well as more organizers putting money into these events.
This has inspired more athletes to take up the sport.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News