Bodybuilders with disabilities compete for Mr India title
February 21, 2017
The Indian Bodybuilding Federation's (IBBF) 17th Junior Masters championship was held in Indore over the weekend. Over 40 people with disabilities took part; four of them were from Maharashtra.
There is great interest in this sports. The prize money has grown from Rs 5,000 in 2009 to Rs 50,000 today.
There are also more bodybuilders with disabilities taking part as well as more organizers putting money into these events.
This has inspired more athletes to take up the sport.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News