Bodybuilders with disabilities compete for Mr India title
February 21, 2017
The Indian Bodybuilding Federation's (IBBF) 17th Junior Masters championship was held in Indore over the weekend. Over 40 people with disabilities took part; four of them were from Maharashtra.
There is great interest in this sports. The prize money has grown from Rs 5,000 in 2009 to Rs 50,000 today.
There are also more bodybuilders with disabilities taking part as well as more organizers putting money into these events.
This has inspired more athletes to take up the sport.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News