Self employment initiative for PwD in Assam
February 25, 2017
To open new doors for people with disabilities through self-employment, the Guwahati-based organization Shishu Sarothi has opened a vocational unit to provide training and improve existing skills through vocational courses.
The program is being supported by the Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiative in Bengaluru.
The unit will improve livelihood options for youths with disabilities in batches of 30.
Of the 70 million persons with disabilities in India, only about 100,000 have been successful in obtaining employment in industry. The program will enable youth with disabilities to become productive contributors, and at the same time, become independent.
Watch in Sign Language
- Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
July 15, 2019
- Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
July 13, 2019
- Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
July 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events July 11, 2019 Inclusive Art Therapy Workshop
- Events July 11, 2019 Ensuring Safety of Children with Disability
- Education July 17, 2019 Kerala High Court upholds guidelines for therapy centres in the state
- Get-hooked July 11, 2019 Rising Flame launches leadership programme for women with disabilities
- Employment July 12, 2019 These disabled women are making prosthetic aids that are enabling mobility for others
- Events July 16, 2019 Open Voices Conference
- Headlines July 11, 2019 India lose semi-final to New Zealand
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
- Events July 16, 2019 Living Well with Epilepsy: An Interactive Session
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News