Self employment initiative for PwD in Assam
February 25, 2017
To open new doors for people with disabilities through self-employment, the Guwahati-based organization Shishu Sarothi has opened a vocational unit to provide training and improve existing skills through vocational courses.
The program is being supported by the Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiative in Bengaluru.
The unit will improve livelihood options for youths with disabilities in batches of 30.
Of the 70 million persons with disabilities in India, only about 100,000 have been successful in obtaining employment in industry. The program will enable youth with disabilities to become productive contributors, and at the same time, become independent.
Watch in Sign Language
- #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
April 4, 2019
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News