Self employment initiative for PwD in Assam
To open new doors for people with disabilities through self-employment, the Guwahati-based organization Shishu Sarothi has opened a vocational unit to provide training and improve existing skills through vocational courses.
The program is being supported by the Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiative in Bengaluru.
The unit will improve livelihood options for youths with disabilities in batches of 30.
Of the 70 million persons with disabilities in India, only about 100,000 have been successful in obtaining employment in industry. The program will enable youth with disabilities to become productive contributors, and at the same time, become independent.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta to tie the knot on 9 March
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Kangana Ranaut lashes out Alia Bhatt
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News