Punjab starts employment centre for PwD
An employment exchange and a centre for skill development for people with intellectual and physical disabilities have started its services in Amritsar in Punjab.
The centre has been started at Guru Nanak Dev University in partnership with Pehal Resource Centre.
The project aims to provide self-employment for the PwDs in the district.
The self-help groups will work with people with intellectual disabilities to start small-scale units, making furniture and paper bags that will be sold to give income for them.
For people with physical disabilities, degree and diploma courses in computer science and technology will be started by the centre.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 #LovePossible – When Swarnalatha proposed to Guruprasad
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Arun Jaitley back in India after treatment
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News