Punjab starts employment centre for PwD
February 23, 2017
An employment exchange and a centre for skill development for people with intellectual and physical disabilities have started its services in Amritsar in Punjab.
The centre has been started at Guru Nanak Dev University in partnership with Pehal Resource Centre.
The project aims to provide self-employment for the PwDs in the district.
The self-help groups will work with people with intellectual disabilities to start small-scale units, making furniture and paper bags that will be sold to give income for them.
For people with physical disabilities, degree and diploma courses in computer science and technology will be started by the centre.
Watch in Sign Language
- Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
July 15, 2019
- Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
July 13, 2019
- Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
July 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 11, 2019 Special buddies program (Basic group)
- Accessibility July 12, 2019 Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 #RareDiseases - Organisation for Rare Diseases in India is out to change perceptions
- Parasports July 17, 2019 India Divyang Cricket Team is raring to make its mark in first ever world series
- Events July 16, 2019 International Autism Conference
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Middle order batsman failed, causing India's collapse, says coach
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Freedom Carnival 2019 celebrates inclusion with children with disabilities
- Headlines July 11, 2019 Karnataka political drama unfolds outside Mumbai hotel
- Headlines July 11, 2019 Kangana faces boycott threat from media
- Accessibility July 13, 2019 Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News