Punjab starts employment centre for PwD
February 23, 2017
An employment exchange and a centre for skill development for people with intellectual and physical disabilities have started its services in Amritsar in Punjab.
The centre has been started at Guru Nanak Dev University in partnership with Pehal Resource Centre.
The project aims to provide self-employment for the PwDs in the district.
The self-help groups will work with people with intellectual disabilities to start small-scale units, making furniture and paper bags that will be sold to give income for them.
For people with physical disabilities, degree and diploma courses in computer science and technology will be started by the centre.
Watch in Sign Language
- #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
April 4, 2019
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Jallianwalah Bagh massacre, people pay tribute
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News