Deaf critic movie review of Lion
March 5, 2017
A hearing perspective:
Australian film, Lion is an emotional journey of a man's homecoming. It features Sunny Pawar as younger Saroo, Dev Patel as older Saroo, Rooney Mara as Saroo's girlfriend Lucy, Priyanka Bose as Saroo's real mother Kamla in important roles.
The film starts in the year 1986 when a five-year-old Saroo follows his elder brother Guddu to a job at a railway station nearby Khandwa in India.
When Guddu doesn't return from work, Saroo searches for him and falls asleep in a train.
After many days in train, he finds himself lost in Calcutta.
Unable to find Saroo's family, the city police put him in an orphanage.
In 1987, Saroo moves to Australia under the care of his adoptive parents.
Twenty years later, a young Saroo reveals that he is adopted during a party with his girlfriend Lucy and some Indian friends at their home.
His friends suggest him to use Google Earth to search for his home in India.
The way Saroo finds the area where he lived and reunites with his real mother Kamla is truly heart-touching.
The film is a must watch for its amazing performances, powerful script and beautiful direction.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 #AutismPower - Varun Sawant juggles multiple talents with great style
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News