Deaf critic movie review of Lion
A hearing perspective:
Australian film, Lion is an emotional journey of a man’s homecoming. It features Sunny Pawar as younger Saroo, Dev Patel as older Saroo, Rooney Mara as Saroo’s girlfriend Lucy, Priyanka Bose as Saroo’s real mother Kamla in important roles.
The film starts in the year 1986 when a five-year-old Saroo follows his elder brother Guddu to a job at a railway station nearby Khandwa in India.
When Guddu doesn’t return from work, Saroo searches for him and falls asleep in a train.
After many days in train, he finds himself lost in Calcutta.
Unable to find Saroo’s family, the city police put him in an orphanage.
In 1987, Saroo moves to Australia under the care of his adoptive parents.
Twenty years later, a young Saroo reveals that he is adopted during a party with his girlfriend Lucy and some Indian friends at their home.
His friends suggest him to use Google Earth to search for his home in India.
The way Saroo finds the area where he lived and reunites with his real mother Kamla is truly heart-touching.
The film is a must watch for its amazing performances, powerful script and beautiful direction.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019