Centum Foundation starts program to skill deaf youth
February 26, 2017
Centum Foundation, which is the CSR wing of Centum Learning, has launched an initiative to train deaf youth in India.
This is in partnership with the US-based Global Reach Out (GRO) which is a non-profit organization run by deaf individuals.
GRO has trained over 1,000 deaf youth in many countries like India, Kenya, and Thailand.
The first batch has 40 students who are graduates from various streams. The program includes workplace sensitivity training sessions to potential employers so companies assimilate people with disabilities more effectively at their workplaces.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News