New app helps PwD to communicate easily
March 6, 2017
A new app called 'iCanText' is helping people with disabilities who cannot speak, read or write to text others with the help of pictures.
The communication app allows people with disabilities to convert a picture into a text. For example, there is a picture slider that allows the person with disability to select a picture.
The picture will say what it means. When the button 'Send Text' is pressed, the text of the picture will be sent to another person's number.
This app is available in the app store for iOS devices.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
June 13, 2019
- Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
June 12, 2019
- #TechThursdays – What makes the DALI app a game changer for students with dyslexia
June 6, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News