New app helps PwD to communicate easily
March 6, 2017
A new app called 'iCanText' is helping people with disabilities who cannot speak, read or write to text others with the help of pictures.
The communication app allows people with disabilities to convert a picture into a text. For example, there is a picture slider that allows the person with disability to select a picture.
The picture will say what it means. When the button 'Send Text' is pressed, the text of the picture will be sent to another person's number.
This app is available in the app store for iOS devices.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
April 18, 2019
- Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
April 15, 2019
- Developmental disorders can now be diagnosed from home, thanks to this app developed by AIIMS
April 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News