New app helps PwD to communicate easily
A new app called ‘iCanText’ is helping people with disabilities who cannot speak, read or write to text others with the help of pictures.
The communication app allows people with disabilities to convert a picture into a text. For example, there is a picture slider that allows the person with disability to select a picture.
The picture will say what it means. When the button ‘Send Text’ is pressed, the text of the picture will be sent to another person’s number.
This app is available in the app store for iOS devices.
Watch in Sign Language
- Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
February 17, 2019
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
- Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
February 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019