Madhya Pradesh education board told to set up facilities to students with disabilities
The Madhya Pradesh Human Rights Commission has directed the state education board to pay attention towards the needs of students with disabilities appearing for examinations.
The commission has said that the government has failed to provide adequate facilities to children with disabilities. The board has been asked to create a list of students who require writers and extra time during exams.
The commission said this after a student complained that he was not given a writer even after asking for one. He was unable to clear the exam because of this and has been appearing for the same exam since 2013.
Watch in Sign Language
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
- No clarity on final guidelines for medical entrance test, disabled aspirants still in the dark
January 30, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Arun Jaitley back in India after treatment
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Rare Diseases
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Misophonia
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News