2020 Olympics in Tokyo to have transgender-friendly toilets
March 3, 2017
Tokyo city in Japan will install gender-neutral public restrooms in the venues being built for the 2020 Olympics and Paralympics.
The existing restrooms or toilets for either men or women are wheelchair-friendly but they take up a lot of space to build.
So, the new toilets will be smaller and open to all genders including transgenders.
By giving suitable options to people with physical disabilities and transgenders, the government hopes to reduce the queues for accessing the restrooms.
The initiative also hopes to create awareness about transgenders and promote inclusive approach.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 27, 2019 Summer Melodies @ Mitr Cafe
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Imran Khan trolled after he quotes Tagore as Gibran
- Headlines June 27, 2019 PM responds to Jharkhand lynching
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Events June 27, 2019 Thalassemia Detection Camp
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News