2020 Olympics in Tokyo to have transgender-friendly toilets
March 3, 2017
Tokyo city in Japan will install gender-neutral public restrooms in the venues being built for the 2020 Olympics and Paralympics.
The existing restrooms or toilets for either men or women are wheelchair-friendly but they take up a lot of space to build.
So, the new toilets will be smaller and open to all genders including transgenders.
By giving suitable options to people with physical disabilities and transgenders, the government hopes to reduce the queues for accessing the restrooms.
The initiative also hopes to create awareness about transgenders and promote inclusive approach.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News