Wristband that could help the blind to see
October 11, 2017
Technology that helps the blind move around usually focuses on replacing the loss of sight with audio cues.
However, for the visually impaired, the sense of touch is much stronger and it is this that a new wristband depends on.
Created by a company called WearWorks, the wristband uses vibrations to guide people around. It does this through the phones that users carry.
The wristband connects to a handset, and there's feedback to help use the app. It tells the user where to go and guides them there. It buzzes when the user faces the wrong way and stays silent when the person is on the right way.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
May 23, 2019
- Reserve Bank of India suggests app to help visually impaired people identify rupee notes
May 15, 2019
- Google's Android Q to introduce Live Captions and Subtitles to all types of content
May 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 From working for underprivileged kids to disability rights advocacy, Diksha wears many hats
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
- Headlines May 24, 2019 PM Modi's victory speech - Key Highlights
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Disability rights activist Prajith Jaipal to hit the road to promote awareness
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
- Headlines May 23, 2019 Election 2019 - Sensex at 40K as leads show 2nd term for PM Modi
- Headlines May 25, 2019 Video of candidate crying over 5 votes goes viral
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News