Wristband that could help the blind to see
October 11, 2017
Technology that helps the blind move around usually focuses on replacing the loss of sight with audio cues.
However, for the visually impaired, the sense of touch is much stronger and it is this that a new wristband depends on.
Created by a company called WearWorks, the wristband uses vibrations to guide people around. It does this through the phones that users carry.
The wristband connects to a handset, and there's feedback to help use the app. It tells the user where to go and guides them there. It buzzes when the user faces the wrong way and stays silent when the person is on the right way.
Watch in Sign Language
- With Inali Arm, developer Prashant Gade aims to change the outlook of people with upper limb disabilities
March 14, 2019
- BDD Assist aims to revolutionise lives of blind and deaf people, gets mixed reviews
March 9, 2019
- Raised Line Foundation, an IIT-Delhi initiative, is working to bring the power of choice to visually impaired students
March 5, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility March 19, 2019 Rising Star Tours & Travels is helping visually impaired people experience the magic of new places
- Headlines March 20, 2019 PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
- Events March 20, 2019 4th National Blind Football Tournament
- Headlines March 24, 2019 PM Modi wishes Imran Khan on Pakistan’s National Day
- Headlines March 23, 2019 Congress leader Sam Pitroda questions airstrike in Balakot
- Headlines March 21, 2019 All IPL 2019 matches will be played in India
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 In enabling son Advait to unlock his potential, mom Smrithy came into her own as an empowered parent
- Parasports March 25, 2019 Sai Krishna, star athlete at Abu Dhabi Special Games, shattered after losing medal
- Headlines March 23, 2019 At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
- Parasports March 20, 2019 India on a roll at the 2019 Special Olympics World Games
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News