Student with multiple disabilities gives class 10 exam for the first time
March 9, 2017
Mumbai student Saurabh Chougule, who has hearing, speech and visual impairments, will appear for the class ten exams that start from 14 March.
This is the first time that a student who is deaf, mute and visually impaired, will appear for the SSC exam.
Saurabh is a student of the Helen Keller Institute for Deaf and Deafblind and will be able to appear with the help of an interpreter and a writer. He will be made to understand the questions by holding hands and using special signs.
The Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education is ensuring that all facilities are given to Saurabh at the exam centre. He will also get an extra hour to solve the paper.
Watch in Sign Language
- #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
August 19, 2019
- Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
August 16, 2019
- Kerala floods underline critical need to frame inclusive disaster risk management policies
August 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Young innovator Prashant Gade seeks support to give prosthetic arms for free to the needy
- Events August 14, 2019 Let your hands do the talking
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
- Headlines August 14, 2019 Expect little international support on J&K, says Pakistan foreign minister
- Technology August 15, 2019 'Smart Car Seat for Differently-Abled' gets a thumbs up for innovation & creativity
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats' sensory love notes ease back to school transition for children with autism
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Angry reactions to Mika Singh's performance in Karachi
- Get-Hooked August 15, 2019 Visually impaired singer Muskan uses music to connect with the larger world
- Headlines August 12, 2019 68 lives lost in Kerala floods
- Lifestyle August 14, 2019 Round necked kurtas for women for that elegant, festive look
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News