Student with multiple disabilities gives class 10 exam for the first time
March 9, 2017
Mumbai student Saurabh Chougule, who has hearing, speech and visual impairments, will appear for the class ten exams that start from 14 March.
This is the first time that a student who is deaf, mute and visually impaired, will appear for the SSC exam.
Saurabh is a student of the Helen Keller Institute for Deaf and Deafblind and will be able to appear with the help of an interpreter and a writer. He will be made to understand the questions by holding hands and using special signs.
The Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education is ensuring that all facilities are given to Saurabh at the exam centre. He will also get an extra hour to solve the paper.
Watch in Sign Language
- Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
June 16, 2019
- #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
June 13, 2019
- Kidsville Educational Academy offers a shoulder to children with disabilities, & families too
June 10, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News